28 November 2009

More reality science ideas

Quite a while ago (Sometimes I forget how long I’ve been blogging), I wrote an article about reality television shows for scientists.

A while back, Bitesize Bio took up the torch with a new list of science reality shows we should have, but don’t. I particularly liked:

Research project with the stars: B-list celebrities become first year graduate students and experience rotating through three labs, presenting their work to their department and trying to meet all of the expectations of any other PhD student. Watch them struggle with error bars and statistics, freak out at the MSDS for dihydrogen monoxide and laugh at their tantrums when the acetone destroys their manicures.

Of course, I like this idea in part because of the cheap help in the lab...

No comments: